Chick Forever: WBGO Celebrates Chick Corea
Chick Corea, who died on Feb. 9 at 79, was a boundless creative force, and an inspiration to all of us at WBGO. We never need a reason to celebrate his life and music, but in the wake of his passing, we are springing into action with #ChickForever, a weeklong celebration across the full sweep of our programming at WBGO.
We would also love to hear your stories about Chick Corea. Fill out the form at the bottom of the page and tell us about your favorite memory, album, song or concert.
WBGO will share some of these highlights on the air throughout the week, so be sure to tune in, at 88.3 FM or here at wbgo.org.
Chick Forever Programming:
- Feb. 12: Steve Gadd on The Checkout
- Feb. 14: Sunday Spotlight with Rhonda Hamilton
- Feb. 15-19: Morning Jazz with Gary Walker
- Feb. 15-19: Afternoone Jazz with Keanna Faircloth, rare and deep Chick cuts during Unsung all week long
- Feb. 15-19: Jazz After Hours with Greg Bryant
- Feb. 17: Take Five: Chick Corea Highlights, From Our Announcers
- Feb. 19: Latin Jazz Cruise with Bobby Sanabria
- Feb. 19 and 20: Jazz Night in America: Chick Corea
- Feb. 21: Sunday Night Music Mix with Sheila Anderson