Chick Corea, who died on Feb. 9 at 79, was a boundless creative force, and an inspiration to all of us at WBGO. We never need a reason to celebrate his life and music, but in the wake of his passing, we are springing into action with #ChickForever, a weeklong celebration across the full sweep of our programming at WBGO.
We would also love to hear your stories about Chick Corea. Fill out the form at the bottom of the page and tell us about your favorite memory, album, song or concert.
WBGO will share some of these highlights on the air throughout the week, so be sure to tune in, at 88.3 FM or here at wbgo.org.
Chick Forever Programming:
- Feb. 12: Steve Gadd on The Checkout
- Feb 13 WBGO Journal Chick Corea's Legacy
- Feb. 14: Sunday Spotlight with Rhonda Hamilton
- Feb. 15-19: Morning Jazz with Gary Walker
- Feb. 15-19: Afternoon Jazz with Keanna Faircloth, rare and deep Chick cuts during Unsung
- Feb. 15-19: Jazz After Hours with Greg Bryant
- Feb. 17: Take Five: Chick Corea Highlights, From Our Announcers
- Feb. 19: Latin Jazz Cruise with Bobby Sanabria - The Latin Side of Chick Corea
- Feb. 19: Learning Until the Very End: Chick Corea on The Checkout, 2014
- Feb. 19 and 20: Jazz Night in America: Chick Corea: Back in Boston
- Feb. 21: Sunday Night Music Mix with Sheila Anderson