Gifts of Stock
This type of gift can be made at any level of giving to WBGO, from basic membership to Jazz Leadership Society levels ($1,200+).
Some additional information that might be helpful:
- There are limits to the amount of your tax deduction based upon your overall income.
- Since the stock itself is donated, you will not be required to pay capital gains tax.
- This type of gift deduction is available only to those that itemize their deductions.
- Tax law is different for securities held less than a year.
You should consult your tax advisor for specific information regarding deductibility and other matters of tax law as they pertain to your personal circumstance.
The easiest and quickest way to make a gift of stock to WBGO is a DTC (Depository Trust Company) transfer. Your stock broker can transfer the funds to our brokerage account where you can sell the stocks immediately to make your donation to WBGO.
The information you will need to make this kind of transfer includes:
- The official legal name of our organization: "Newark Public Radio, Inc."
- We are a Certified 501 C-3 Non-Profit Organization
- Our federal taxpayer identification number is: 22-2137728
- WBGO is located at: 54 Wayne Shorter Way, Newark, NJ 07102
Please contact John Newcott, Director of Individual Giving: (973) 643-4302 firstname.lastname@example.org who can provide you with our broker’s name, contact information, account number and DTC number.
As always, we cannot thank you enough for your continued support.