Jazz Leadership Society
Newark Public Radio, Inc. is a publicly supported cultural institution that since 1979, champions jazz – America's cultural art form - at 88.3 FM in Newark, New Jersey and worldwide via wbgo.org, serving both the local Newark community and the global jazz community at large. WBGO is one of the most respected jazz presenters in the country, NPR's primary jazz content provider, and offers award-winning news and innovative children's programs to a diverse compliment of audiences.
The members of the Jazz Leadership Society (JLS) are a dedicated group of individuals committed to celebrating and championing jazz and community, as well as, ensuring that associated music art forms - the blues and R&B - are duly appreciated. JLS members receive a host of exclusive benefits and insider access into the world of jazz and beyond, including special events, social gatherings and live music concerts.
JLS memberships provide the vital general operating funds needed to keep WBGO on the air and online, 24/7, today and tomorrow. Your support as a JLS member enhances WBGO's ability to continue to present and preserve jazz as an America's cultural treasure and for that we sincerely thank you.
$100+ per month / $1,200+ annually
- Personal concierge service for distinctive events and concert tickets
- RSVP Early access to for WBGO Travel & Events
- Complimentary ticket offers (4-6 annually) to jazz and artistic events at venues such as Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola, NJPAC, Blue Note, and other cultural venues and major jazz festivals
- Private tour of WBGO Studios with Major Gifts Officer
- Annual JLS live broadcast brunch
- Opportunity to record one (1) personal testimonial in the WBGO studios for use during an on-air Membership Drive and keep recorded mp3 memento
- Recognition on the WBGO website, wbgo.org , and in the lobby of WBGO’s headquarters
$200+ per month / $2,400+ annually
Your membership includes all of the above Jazz Leader benefits in addition to...
- Exclusive invitations to at least two (2) in-studio recordings, performances, and interviews with noted artists
- Two (2) complimentary cover charge tickets to Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola
- First-Chair Phone Volunteer in pledge central during Membership Drives during show of choice and "Meet & Greet" with On-Air Announcer during the show
- Access to behind-the-scenes events within the arts and cultural worlds including art gallery receptions, lectures, artist talks, and other programs
- Invitation to at least (1) private WBGO VIP reception
$420+ per month / $5,000+ annually
Your membership includes all of the above Jazz Leader and Silver Circle benefits in addition to...
- Priority (1st level) access to all WBGO events, travel and concert tickets
- Two (2) additional (total of four) complimentary cover charge tickets to Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola
- One (1) private lunch with President & CEO Amy Niles, WBGO Trustee and on-air personality