August 6, 2010. Posted by Becca Pulliam.
Outdoor music on wheels with a little roof over its head -- that's Jazzmobile at parks and neighborhoods for the rest of August. See the schedule here and head on out for free, live music.
Tia Fuller led a fine band at Grant's Tomb, with WBGO's Sheila Anderson as MC. Shamie Royston's on piano, Mimi Jones on bass, Tia on alto, Lee Hogans on trumpet, Rudy Royston on drums.
The group wailed, crickets sang, buses droned, the crowd -- many had toted fancy fold-up chairs from home -- smiled, clapped and approved. One couple danced.
© 2010 WBGO
August 5, 2010. Posted by Kien Lac.
Here's the line up for our broadcast from The Carefusion Newport Jazz Festival:
SATURDAY AUGUST 7, 2010
- 2:00pm - BERKLEE GLOBAL JAZZ INSTITUTE SEPTET
- 2:20pm - JULIAN LAGE
- 3:20pm - JD ALLEN PART TWO
- 3:50pm - TRIO DA PAZ WITH HARRY ALLEN
- 4:50pm - DARCY JAMES ARGUE’S SECRET SOCIETY with BOB BROOKMEYER
- 5:20pm - FLY
- 6:00pm - REZ ABBASI ACOUSTIC QUARTET RAAQ
- 6:30pm - MARIA SCHNEIDER ORCHESTRA
SUNDAY AUGUST 8, 2010
- 11:00am - JAMIE CULLUM
- 11:45am - BEN ALLISON
- 12:20pm - MATT WILSON DOUBLE QUARTET
- 12:50pm - DAVE DOUGLAS BRASS ECSTASY
- 1:50pm - AMINA FIGEROVA
- 2:50pm - GRETCHEN PARLATO
- 3:20pm - DAVE BINNEY QUARTET
- 3:50pm - JON FADDIS QUARTET
- 4:50pm - KEN VANDERMARK POWERHOUSE
- 5:20pm - CONRAD HERWIG’S LATIN SIDE OF HERBIE
- 6:15pm - WYNTON MARSALIS QUINTET AND SPECIAL GUEST DAVE BRUBECK
© 2010 WBGO