New Transmitter Turned On!
If you would like to be contacted by our Operations Department to discuss your current WBGO reception, please click the following link:
Support the Project
"I run a family business...and to have found a place that's really a family, that I can contribute to in work and passion and money, has been a terrific experience for me. WBGO is the epitome of a family."
-- Steve Ifshin,
Chairman, WBGO Board of Trustees
Chairman, DLC Management Company
"WBGO and jazz go together. I know I am lending my support at their Annual Benefit and I hope jazz fans will be there to lend their support as well."
-- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Top Ten Ways you Can Help
- Make a Major Gift to help us reach our goal
Talk to Beth Lasoff or John Newcott, or call us at 973-624-8880 (ext. 285 for Beth, ext. 236 for John)
- Contribute Now online.
- Share the News - Tell your friends, particularly those in areas that may have had trouble receiving our signal in the past, that they should make a contribution and tune in beginning in January 2012.
- Gift of Stocks, Bonds or other Securities - instead of a cash donation you're welcome to donate a gift of stock, bonds or other securities to WBGO.
- Auto Donation - donate your old vehicle and receive a tax deduction! Contact our hotline to make arrangements 1-877-883-4227.
- Life Insurance Policy - you may wish to make WBGO as the beneficiary, or contingent beneficiary on your life insurance policy as a way to make a sizeable future gift. You may wish to transfer ownership of a policy to the charity, or purchase a new policy with the charity as owner and beneficiary. If you make a charity the owner and beneficiary of a policy, you are entitled to certain tax advantages. For more information click here.
- IRA (or Retirement Assets)
- Planned Giving - if you are planning your estate consider leaving a bequest gift in your will to WBGO for the Signal Improvement Project.
- Real Estate
- Text a $10 donation on your cell phone by texting the letters W B G O to 85944. In less than a minute you'll receive a text confirmation. Reply YES to that text and you're done. You'll see an extra $10 on your next mobile bill and you'll have done your part.
Answers to Frequently Asked QuestionsWHO will get better reception?
WHAT happens to the current transmitter?
WHEN will the new transmitter be up and broadcasting?
WHERE will the new transmitter be?