Detailed Job Description
Coordinating Producer | National Programming
The Coordinating Producer for National Programming will report to the Senior Producer for National Programming, WBGO-FM.
The Coordinating Producer is primarily responsible for supporting the start-up team that will coordinate the efforts of Jazz Night, a weekly online multimedia series, as well as a radio program that will be created from live concert materials, interviews and other actualities. The Coordinating Producer will liaise with partner organizations, musical venues and musicians, pitch stories, segments and show ideas, create promotional material (online and on-air), research, organize and edit archival material, provide administrative and technical support to the program, and help produce the program using ProTools.
The Candidate: Leading candidates will have...
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, jazz or a related field
- 2 or more years journalism or broadcast programming experience
- Deep appreciation for and understanding of jazz and its history
- Demonstrated skill in researching topics for music and culture
- Creativity and initiative
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience using ProTools or other audio editing systems
- FUNDAMENTAL LOVE FOR STORYTELLING
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a letter highlighting their qualifications and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are encouraged to include a link to audio highlighting recent journalism or radio programming work.
WBGO is a not for profit organization. WBGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBGO is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and actively encourages applications from a broad spectrum of applicants.