Detailed Job Description
Media Account Executive
Do you like jazz and the prospect of representing the premier jazz media organization in the country? WBGO is celebrating 33 years of presenting Jazz, Blues, R&B and award winning news as an affiliate of National Public Radio. We broadcast in the New York DMA on the radio and via the internet all around the world. We are seeking a dedicated media sales professional to join our expanding sponsorship sales team. This is a position for someone who considers themselves an entrepreneur.
Responsibilities include managing and growing existing accounts soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling, identifying clients marketing needs and preparing multiplatform proposals and presentation materials for prospective clients. Candidate must be equally comfortable presenting to local venues and major corporations and understand the importance of working collaboratively both with clients and staff.
- Recent media experience is required.
- Successful applicants must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Candidates must be self motivated, goal driven, detail oriented and creative, with solid computer skills, specifically Excel.
- Familiarity with internet sales and marketing a plus.
- A working knowledge of jazz and the related arts is vital.
- Understanding of public radio and the NY/NJ cultural environment.
- Fluent skills in Microsoft Office
Full benefits and stimulating work environment.
No phone calls please. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
WBGO is a not for profit organization. WBGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBGO is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and actively encourages applications from a broad spectrum of applicants.