Morning Cup of Jazz 11/22/11
November 22, 2011. Posted by Tim Wilkins.
Today at WBGO:
- The votes are in for our Thanksgiving Top Ten! Tune in all weekend long, every hour, to hear all of your favorite singers, instrumentalists and groups.
- At 6:30 p.m., The Checkout presents the Marcus Strickland Quartet in a live performance at 92YTribeca.
- At 7:30 p.m., join host Maria Hinojosa Latino USA, our weekly news magazine on Latino issues, followed by the Latin Jazz Cruise with Awilda Rivera.
- Tomorrow at 6:30 p.m., JazzSet present’s Miguel Zenón's Puerto Rican Song Project from this year’s Newport Jazz Festival
- Tomorrow at 7:30 p.m., join Doug Doyle for SportsJam as he talks with award-winning producer/writer Joe Cacaci and Northeastern grad Althea Charles of West Orange, who is training to make the Antigua Olympic Team as a hammer thrower.
Click through for more of today’s musical happenings:
Highlights From Today's WBGO Music Calendar:
Jack Wilkins is at Bella Luna Restaurant
JC Styles Organ Trio Creole Restaurant and Jazz Supper Club
Bucky Pizzarelli/Ken Peplowski Quintet is at Jazz at Lincoln Center
Maria Schneider Orchestra is at the Jazz Standard
Allen Toussaint is at Joe's Pub
The Cotton Club Parade is at New York City Center
The "Do The Math" Trio is at Smalls
Chick Corea’s 70th Birthday Celebration is at the Blue Note
Today's Jazz Birthdays:
Gunther Schuller – 1925
Jimmy Knepper – 1927
Ron McClure – 1941
Cecil Scott – 1905
Ernie Caceres - 1911
© 2011 WBGO
Note: These comment boards are available to the general public. Statements expressed in the comment boards do not necessarily reflect WBGO's views. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them. For more information, please read our Terms of Service.