Morning Cup of Jazz 11/14/11
November 14, 2011. Posted by Tim Wilkins.
Today at WBGO:
- At 6:30 p.m. join Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Wendell Pierce as he features Regina Carter’s Reverse Thread and Stefon Harris with Blackout.
- At 7:30 p.m., the New Jersey Capitol Report features Rebecca Perkins, President of the Council on State Public Affairs, Alain L. Sanders, Associate Professor of American Politics & Constitutional Law at Saint Peter’s College, and Joey Novick, Esq., political columnist and humorist for PolitickerNJ.com.
- At 9 p.m., Awilda Rivera interviews Steve Kroon about his new CD and his performance at York College on November 19.
- Check the blog for the latest installment of Dr. Lewis Porter's "You Don't Know Jazz!" column, this time on jazz and film, as well as Dr. Michael Bourne's exclusive interview with Paquito D'Rivera.
- On Wednesday, November 16, WBGO hosts a members night at the 92Y Tribeca, with vibraphonist Warren Wolff and Wolfpack and guitarist Lage Lund. Members will get to meet the artists, a free gift and refreshments, and your choice of the best seats in the house. See you there!
Click through for more of today’s musical happenings:
Highlights From Today's WBGO Music Calendar:
Mingus Big Band is at the Jazz Standard
Enrico Pieranunzi Trio is at the Kaufman Center
Ari Hoenig Quartet is at Smalls
Chick Corea’s 70th Birthday Celebration is at the Blue Note
Art Hodes - 1904
Billy Bauer – 1915
Darryl Harper – 1968
Ellis Marsalis - 1934
George Cables - 1944
© 2011 WBGO
Note: These comment boards are available to the general public. Statements expressed in the comment boards do not necessarily reflect WBGO's views. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them. For more information, please read our Terms of Service.