Morning Cup of Jazz 3/4/11
March 4, 2011. Posted by Alex Rodriguez.
Today at WBGO:
- Bloomberg, Booker, and the rest of the week's news tonight on the WBGO Journal, tonight at 7:30.
- On display at the WBGO Art Gallery: "The Way We Were: A Pictorial of Club Harlem"
- Join millions of Americans in a campaign to save public broadcasting from devastating planned cutbacks.
- WBGO's Simon Rentner offers up some jazz "train"-ing at NPR Music.
- Alex W. Rodriguez talked with Esperanza Spalding during his recent trip to Portland.
Click through to learn more about today's jazz happenings:
Highlights From Today's WBGO Music Calendar:
- Kurt Elling at Birdland
- Donald Harrison, Billy Cobham and Ron Carter at the Blue Note
- Savion Glover at NJPAC
- Patrick Cornelius at the Rubin Museum
Today's Jazz Birthdays:
Jason Marsalis -- 1977
Bobby Shew -- 1941
To receive real-time links and updates, follow us on Twitter @wbgo or search the #jazzlinks hashtag. Add "#jazzlinks" to your link tweets to hip us to any interesting content you come across online, too! Or, find us on Facebook.
© 2011 WBGO
Note: These comment boards are available to the general public. Statements expressed in the comment boards do not necessarily reflect WBGO's views. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them. For more information, please read our Terms of Service.