January 23, 2015. Posted by Tim Wilkins.
Blues singer and harmonica player Rob Paparozzi talks with Michael Bourne about "Electric Butter," his CD tribute with the Ed Palermo Big Band to the electric Chicago blues of Paul Butterfield and Mike Bloomfield.
© 2015 WBGO
January 21, 2015. Posted by Brandy Wood.
WBGO Travel invites you to enjoy the sun, fun and music at the Newport Jazz Festival, July 31- August 3, 2015.
Arrive at the Newport Hotel & Marina to a Friday night welcome reception, then hop aboard the trolley to take you to/from the concert at the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Saturday and Sunday mornings, take a short walk to the ferry dock where you will be jetted to a full day of a variety of musical enjoyment at the legendary outdoor Festival, plus exclusive access to the WBGO Shade Tent inside historic Fort Adams State Park. Before departing back to reality on Monday, join us for a bon voyage breakfast and take in the view from the marina. WBGO will provide you with an insider’s list of the best places to visit when the music isn’t playing, but when it is, you will hear:
- Christian McBride Trio
- Cassandra Wilson celebrates Billie Holiday
- Jon Batiste & Stay Human
- Chris Botti
- Dr. John & The Nite Trippers
- Jamie Cullum
- Irvin Mayfield & the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra
- Jon Faddis: Triumph of Trumpets
- Cécile McLorin Salvant
- José James
Details of Newport weekend package:
• 3 [or 4] night hotel stay at the recently updated Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina.
• Welcome Reception at the hotel on Friday evening
• Two reserved seat concert tickets for Friday night, 8pm at The International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino, , plus round trip ground transportation to/from venue and hotel
• Two general admission festival tickets for both Saturday & Sunday
• Bon Voyage Breakfast at the marina on Monday morning
• Parking at the hotel for 3 [or 4] nights
Festival Gates open at 10am, Saturday Festival Music Program: 10:45am-7pm, Sunday Festival Music Program: 11am-6:45 pm. Ferry passes to festival site not included. Parking at festival not included.Rates & Reservations:Double Occupancy:3 Night Price: $2,390 includes above detailed package for two people
4 Night Price: $2,875 includes above detailed package for two people, plus Thursday night stay with Friday day time festival ticketsSingle Occupancy:3 Night Price: $1,965 includes above detailed package for one person
4 Night Price: $2,375 includes above detailed package for one person, plus Thursday night stay with Friday day time festival ticketsInquire about family rates. Read our Cancellation Policy.To make your reservation call 973-624-8880 x269 or email email@example.com
© 2015 WBGO
January 20, 2015. Posted by Tim Wilkins.
Singer Lauren Hooker talks with Michael Bourne about her new album "All For You," which features her original songs. Hooker performs in Brooklyn and in Watchung, NJ on Jan. 31, and in a birthday celebration at Hat City Kitchen in Orange, NJ on Feb. 7. She has also been a featured performer in WBGO's Kids Jazz concert series. Enjoy!
© 2015 WBGO