October 21, 2008. Posted by Joshua Jackson.
Question: What do the following songs have in common?
1. Anat Cohen/Alon Yavnai "Very Early" unreleased music
2. Dr. Lonnie Smith "The Whip"
3. Joe Zawinul "Mi Gente (My People)"
4. Meade Lux Lewis "Blues Whistle"
5. Duke Ellington's Blanton-Webster Band "Blue Serge"
6. A chorino
7. Django Reinhardt's "Djangology"
Answer: They are all part of Anat Cohen's digital library.
And our newest game of Shuffle. Listen to it here.
Wednesday at 9pm, WBGO and NPR present the Anat Cohen Quartet.
Join us for the next installment of Live at the Village Vanguard.
See you on the radio.
© 2008 WBGO