What is the WBGO Community Advisory Board (CAB)?
The WBGO Community Advisory Board (CAB) is comprised of currenta WBGO Members who wish to provide input into programming decisions for WBGO Radio, and WBGO.org. The CAB reviews: (1) the policies, programming goals and services provided by WBGO in the New Jersey and New York metropolitan area and surrounding environs, (2) the impact on the community of the significant policy decisions made by the station; and (3) to advise the Board of Trustees of the effectiveness of WBGO in meeting the specialized educational, informational and cultural needs of the communities served by the station; to be the voice of the communities served by WBGO; and, to provide a forum for the communities served by WBGO to communicate with the Board of Trustees, the President and WBGO Staff.
For information on becoming a member of the WBGO CAB, please email or call WBGO at: 973.624.8880
The WBGO CAB Schedule
Monday, February 9, 2015 (6:00 - 7:30 PM)
The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music
55 W. 13th Street (just off 6th Avenue, also know as Avenue of the Americas)
New York, NY 10011
April/May 2015 (4:00 - 5:30 PM) TBD
54 Park Place
Newark, NJ 07102
September 2015 (6 – 7:30pm) TBD
54 Park Place
Newark, NJ 07102
How can I share my feedback if I don't have time to attend a meeting?
Sometimes you'd like to share feedback but don't have time to make it to a CAB meeting. We're more than happy to take input online. Just fill out the web form and we'll make sure your message gets to the right place.
WBGO Policy on public comment at CAB Meetings
WBGO’s Community Advisory Board welcomes relevant constructive comment from the public at its meetings. The CAB encourages input from all individuals and groups across the station's listening and viewing area. So that the process will be efficient and productive, the following protocol is established:
- A "Public Comment" line will be included in the agenda for all regular Community Advisory Board meetings. The comment period will be at the start of the meeting after the adoption of the meeting's agenda and prior to the start of old and new Business.
- The total time for public comments will be limited to twenty (20) minutes, with each person limited up to five (5) minutes. Priority recognition will be given to those persons who have not previously addressed the CAB.
- Comments made at CAB meetings, or written inquiries sent to the CAB, must be relevant to the CAB's functions and responsibilities, i.e., programming and/or community involvement.
- Public comments, and any matter submitted, where a response is requested from the CAB must be in writing (e-mail is acceptable) and submitted to the CAB Chairman. All written responses will be processed in a timely manner and will be responded to within a reasonable time, to allow time for review by the station's Board of Trustees and management.
- Special CAB meetings, such as public forums, may be held for the sole purpose of gathering public input. For such meetings, this policy can be suspended by CAB directive.
- This policy is subject to cancellation or modification, at any time, in the discretion of the CAB.
This policy will be published on WBGO’s web site, will be available at WBGO's front desk, and will be handed out to the public at CAB meetings. WBGO's management and staff are also available to hear and respond to public comments. Submit a comment to WBGO directly here.
Current members of the WBGO Community Advisory Board
Andrea Cunnell, Gregory S. Holder, Daniel Leventhal, Martin Mueller, Richard Noorigian, Earl Zimmerman
Ex Officio: Amy Niles (President & CEO), Albert V. De Leon (Board of Trustees)
Member Contact Information
Andrea Cunnell – email@example.com
Gregory Holder – firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Leventhal – email@example.com
Martin Mueller – firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Noorigian – email@example.com
Earl Zimmerman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Albert V. De Leon – email@example.com
Amy Niles – ANiles@wbgo.org
The minutes of previous WBGO Community Advisory Board meetings will be made available on this page.